Hello from Boston

Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I’m an audio engineer working in Boston Massachusetts. I’m very excited to be part of this community and to start working with the Audio Orchestrator tool as well. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

3 Likes

Hi Brian,

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with Audio Orchestrator. Give us a shout if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Jon

Hi Jon-
Thanks for the note! I’ve been digging into Audio Orchestrator this past week, and I haven’t hit any stumbling blocks yet! The instructions included in the download are excellent-especially the example project, and that has made it easy to get going on the software. I’ve been building my first Experience, a version of Clement Clarke Moore’s “A Visit from St. Nicholas” (aka “The Night Before Christmas”) which I originally produced as a charity project in 2017. It works out nicely, but it was originally just a stereo mix, so it certainly needs more sound effects specifically for the Aux devices that can be added, so that’s what I’ve been up to. I should finish it up this weekend, and hopefully post it up next week for folks to check out… not that any of us want to start thinking about the holidays or winter weather! If I run into any issues, I’ll definitely reach out-thanks, and I hope all is well!
Brian

1 Like

Hi Brian, glad you’ve found the documentation and example project useful. Looking forward to hearing your experience - being a big fan of the festive season, it’s NEVER too early!

Hi Jon & Emma-first of all, my apologies for vanishing for the last couple of months… I’ll keep the details to a minimum, but thanks to Covid-19 it has been a turbulent time.

For freelance projects at home I use a PC, but at the office I’m on a Mac. After being ill and recovering, I was grateful to get out of the house & back to the office…until we were all locked out-leaving me without access to the Mac I have there. I’m just now finishing with the “Visit from St. Nicholas” project, just in time for the Holidays-I hope!

I’ve got all the audio sorted, but I’ve been having an issue trying to link the exported AO project (located on a Google Drive) to my website so I can share it with the community. I’ve exported without any Validation Errors, and the folder seems to have all the correct files-and this might be a silly question, but which file(s) do I use as the link for the site?

In the “dist” folder I have: 3 subfolders (audio, fonts ,images)
a “bundle” JavaScript file, and a Chrome HTML Document file called “index”.

I’ve uploaded/shared the entire folder to my Google Drive, and can link it to a webpage, but which file would I use for the actual link?

I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to building web pages, so If it is too difficult to explain in a reply, just let me know and I’ll grab an IT colleague at my office to help-but I thought I’d reach out and see if you had an answer.
Here’s the webpage in case you want to see that:

(https://sites.google.com/view/brian-audio-orchestrator/home)

Thanks, and I hope both and your families are safe and healthy!

Brian

Hi Brian,

Sorry for such a slow reply — I’d completely missed your post. Hope you’re doing well.

I don’t really know much about Google Sites (and I can’t access the link that you shared—I get “We are sorry, but you do not have access to this service”), so not sure how much I can help. I’m not sure if this will work with a Google site.

You’ll need all of the files in dist to be available on a web server, in the structure that they have in the dist folder. The link to view your experience/share with people would be the index.html file.

Sounds like it might well be best to ask an IT colleague for help if possible, but looks like there are some useful resources online (e.g. I did a quick Google search for “putting files on a web server”, and the Mozilla page looked quite helpful).

Hope that’s at least a little helpful. Let us know how you’re getting on — I’m keen to see your project!

Thanks,
Jon

Hi Jon, and Happy New Year!
Thanks for the info, I’m checking into it now and I’ll have something up soon! I’ll update you as soon as it’s up-thanks!
Brian

1 Like