Hi from Brooklyn

Hello from Brooklyn. I’m doing immersive audio performances and installations, and the Audio Orchestrator seems to be the answer to many ideas I had in the past. I was also amazed that I could get the first thing going within just a few minutes! ;-)))

Hans

1 Like

Hello Hans, great to hear you’re getting to grips with Audio Orchestrator - we tried to make it easy for new users to get started. There are so many possibilities with orchestration - would love to find out how you get on using it for physical installations and performances. Reach out if you encounter any issues or need advice, we’re here to help!

Hi Emma. The idea would be simple, as instead of setting up a sound system the audience would bring their own “speakers”. It could be a combination of loudspeakers in the room (taking care of the lower frequencies), and the smartphones (obviously for the higher ones). The main difference is that the audience moves around, so they determine the location of the (movable) sounds. I tried to do that many years ago by using portable radios, but as all the radios received the same information, the difference would only have been in the way the radios project the sounds. I didn’t get any funding for that, so the idea that the audience determines placement of the sounds got shelved. ;-)))

However, with the option of putting everything online I see many more versions of that idea… :wink:

Hans

1 Like